Storybook Steps- A Celtic Dance Festival

IMG_9434Last weekend, one of my best friends and I had the fantastic opportunity to go to the premiere of Rince na Mawr’s performance of “Storybook Steps”. It was the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day on campus! Rince na Mawr is Bryn Mawr’s Irish Dance Club, and it was a phenomenal experience to watch our classmates and peers perform such beautiful, graceful, and engaging dances. The dance festival took place in Rhoads Old Dining Hall, which in my opinion, is one of the most gorgeous rooms on campus.

FullSizeRender (6)The first act was a creative rendition of the story “Brave” which tells the tale of Merida, the daughter of a Scottish King and Queen who wants to go her own way, against the wishes of the Highland lords, who want her to follow tradition. The music was perfectly matched with the dances, and the costumes were both cute and creative. The second act was a series of dances that were just as delightful to watch. I am still in awe of the coordination the dancers had, and it was evident they were having fun, not just with what they were doing, but being with each other as well.

IMG_9436Watching their performance was such a great way to begin the weekend and celebrate St. Paddy’s day! I am so happy we were able to witness the dancers’ passion, hard work, and talents during their show.